Pass plus is:
- A practical driving training course for existing drivers – old and new!
- Used to improve driving skills and driver confidence.
- Lasts at least 6 hours.
- May help to lower or discount your car insurance upon successful completion.
- Can only be provided by registered approved driving instructors (ADI). Harry is an approved Pass Plus driving instructor.
There is no exam at the end of Pass Plus!
How Pass Plus West Lothian training works
Pass Plus training takes at least 6 hours and comprises 6 modules:
- Driving instruction in town
- All weather driving
- Driving experience on rural roads
- Driver confidence at night
- Dual carriageways
- Motorway driving
All modules should be practical sessions, although local conditions may mean some are theory based. You will normally spend at least 5.5 hours driving.
There is no test but you will be assessed throughout the driving course. In order to pass the Pass Plus, you will have to reach the required standard in all driving modules.
You will be sent a Pass Plus certificate after you have successfully finished your training. You will need this when applying for a car insurance discount.